|Resolutions for 2010
||[Dec. 31st, 2009|05:35 pm]
2009 has been a pretty interesting year. Dare I say a decent year for me thus far. I certainly hope 2010 will be good as well. I just hope the mysterious "We need to talk" email from the university before the Holiday will not be bad news (though likely we are looking at furloughs.
This year had been our busiest in terms of board gaming. Including Winterwar we went to 6 conventions. Winter War, Gamer Adventures Cruise, Origins Game Fair, GenCon, and BGG.CON. At the ssame time I am trying to eliminate games I do not like nor want. Unfortunately I've dumped less than I have brought in, so the collection is still expanding.
We've been planning the wedding and things are fine there. Little stress thus far because we got most of the big things done.
I dont know what else to really add at this point.
Lastly, A review of Resolutions:
1) Go camping 4 times this year.
-- Perhaps try a short/mini backpacking trip that is less than 4 miles in and 4 miles back. I'm not sure how well the knee will hold up, and would rather not get stuck some where either alone or as a burden on fellow hikers. An introductionary trip
-- Similar to above, be prepared and try another short hike. Melfest last year was a failure, but that was because I was not thinking. I felt really bad requesting we go back early. I dont know how far we even got. Maybe just a half mile it feels like. Maybe it was a whole mile. But felt like i let the group down. I should have done better This time be prepared in whatever maner I need to be. Water knee brace etc. Perhaps during Melfest again.
Sort of success, sort of fail. I went camping 2x more than I had in the past. We didnt go to Bonnaroo this year so I didnt have that camping. However, I did go camping once in the spring at Kickapoo State Park, And twice in the fall. Fox Ridge State Park, and Morraine View State park. If I were to count Melfest, then I did manage to get out at least 4 times.
As for backpacking, I didnt do that at all. However I did get in some day hiking in associated with the camping trips. I'd like to try some better trails in So. IL now too, or somewhere not IL.
2) Finalize and Launch http://www.dhron.net. (Need to label a few more old galleries for my photos, and upload all the new stuff. This should be done soon.)
Done. Not really great, but it is up.
3) Launch http://bellwoar-hron.wedding.dhron.net
4) Save enough money to cover wedding.
Um...Not so much, but working on it. Lots of the wedding is already paid for. Just need to cover the Honeymoon and reception mostly.
5) Get better at my photography.
6) Comment and rank all of my games on Boardgamegeek.
I've not commented on everything, but I have now atleast rated all the games I have played.
7) Learn Go.
Not so much.
8) Create or aquire a good/quality set of classical games. Something portable or otherwise useful.
Nope. I've been looking for a quality go board, but there are some bad psudeo classical games like sorry, and monopoly that I'm not interested in. I should probably define classical games I want good sets of.
Resolutions for 2010
1) Keep track of "vitals" daily. Create a record of all that stuff. I tried that right after my birthday but fell off. Startup again. This includes caloric intake and exercise
2) Camp 5 times this year, and do one short backpacking trip. Try for some place in So. IL or Indiana.
3) Clean up and get rid of all the junk in the house. Either sell in a garage sale or otherwise just get rid of. We will be getting lots of stuff at the Wedding. We need to make room.
4) Create some print and play games, and or classical games. Some 18XX Games seems viable options.
5) Get Married and go on an Alaskan cruise. Hopefully this is a given.
6) Save more $$
7) "Study" and improve photography.
Should be a good list at this point.